Life for me is about challenges and opportunity, and I intend to climb another mountain. –Mike Ditka, Former NFL player and coach.
One of our regular features on Cucina Chatter is “A Day in the Glamorous Life with Natalie Stone.” Intrigued by Natalie’s bold, mid-life decision to give up her 9-to-5 to follow her dream and passion, I created the feature to give listeners and followers a taste of what goes on behind the camera, or microphone, or print ad, etc. Natalie, like any actor or entrepreneur (she happens to be both), works so hard but we don’t see the sweat and tears. We only see the end result, which is always beautiful.
The assumptions made about people in the public eye–at all levels–are astounding. So, while I don’t want to shatter anyone’s delusions, it is rather fun to bring media personalities into the kitchen for a conversation about careers. Natalie makes time in her chaotic schedule to check in with us every few weeks, and it’s always entertaining. This week, I had an opportunity to bring a broadcast professional into the cucina.
Jen Sherlock, offers some inside scoopage on the business from the television perspective. It’s not all glamorous but you would never know that looking at Jen. She gracefully embraces hard work and sees every adversity as an opportunity for equal or greater success!
Jen embodies the entrepreneur spirit! She is proof positive that when you are open to possibilities, willing to adjust, and eager to reach new heights, you can accomplish unbelievable feats.
Jen is still involved with television reporting and production, and she also operates Jenna Communications, a very successful public relations firm in Philadelphia.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. –Thomas Edison
Here are some other reasons to download this week’s show:
- Jim Vanore discusses pipe smoking on Good Writers Block. The big question, of course, is did he inhale?
No pain, no gain. No risk, no reward.
- Rhonda Fink Whitman knows first hand the game of risk. She is among the many who bought stock in Facebook, and now she has some advice for Mr. Zuckerberg.
- Philadelphia’s newsman, Paul Perrello, shares a cup of espresso with Chubby Checker.
- Una Mamma Italiana is cooking copycat recipes in the Upstairs Kitchen.
- Chef Jacquie has a Taste4Travel as she plays groupie all summer, attending concerts and the Phillies’ ballpark for the first time.
Mangia & Enjoy!