It’s me, Natalie Stone from Bella’s Biscotti and I wanted to share an old Italian grandmother peasant food recipe with you that’s easy and so good. I even like it cold.
String Beans and Potatoes
- 1 bag of baby yukon gold potatoes- or get whatever potatoes you have in the house
- Fresh string beans-I don’t measure but a nice bowl full, I got a nice amount at the farm
market this morning
- Olive oil
- 2cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley-this is important that it’s fresh.
- kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Crushed tomatoes are optional, either a few fresh or small can of them.
Snap the ends off the beans and boil in salted water until tender but slightly crisp and in another big pot sautee the garlic and brown the potatoes a little add the tomatoes if you want them and cover with water, add some salt, and boil potatoes whole until tender. Drain well and toss with the beans, parsley, oil, salt and pepper and Serve warm or at room temperature.
Easy peasy, Lemon Squeezy.
Make sure you have a nice loaf of crusty Italian bread to dunk.
HEAVENLY OLD SCHOOL DELICIOUSNESS!